Monday 21 May 2012

A Weekend of Learning

My weekend kicked off with the Nail Master class @ Becca London with the very lovely Katie Hughes!  I was actually so lucky as no one else had opted for the morning class so it was literately a 1-2-1 class which I think is definitely the best way to learn!

So I wanted to come away from the class having learnt a few tips and tricks for nail art but mainly just how I should properly be applying polish for that perfect "retouched looking" manicure.. and that is exactly how it went down!

I learnt that I apply nail polish totally wrong, the way I hold my brush just does not help when trying to get a flawless coat of polish.  Katie taught me exactly how I should be holding my brush and also the polish bottle which I will be practising day and night until I can basically paint with my eyes closed!!

Katie firstly painted my own nails to show the standard she would expect and boy they were just perfect!  She showed me how to file, shape, buff and the cuticle work involved, she also clean up any mistakes properly.  She then showed me a few nail art ideas and which tools she prefers for each design.  I have trouble doing hearts and lips and this is something I have definitely now mastered thanks to her skills!

I then painted her nails..  Compared to the amazingly pristine job she did on my talons mine was just shocking!  But as they say practise makes perfect!
(If you have instagram Katie has posted a few pics from our class if you would like to take a peek! Her insta name is katiejanehughes)

Katie used Butter London polishes in my class and I must say I am loving their shades and consistency of their polishes.  My fave has to be the Coral which I think is called "Jaffa" you can find it here.  Also their base coat is truly beautiful with a semi matte finish.

As almost a leaving present, Katie then added some fab tips to my nails which I am now head over heels for and don't ever want to take them off!!!  Check these bad boys out below..!



If you have a chance to get a class with Katie make sure you definitely take up the offer as not only did I learn a ton I also had great fun whilst doing it!
L xx


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love these two colors together. Great choice of color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I love them! Just to let you know (in case you didn't already) I have to fill out a word verification every time I want to post a comment on your blog. All google blogs do this unless you turn it off. It would make it easier to comment if you turned it off :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all your lovely comments and will always try to reply!!
I am happy for you to leave your blog address for me to check out and follow you back!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...